Yahoo Mail Sucker pr81
Yahoo Mail Sucker pr81
Yahoo Mail Sucker is a Perl script that allows you to fetch Yahoo Mail messages.
Download: 100% Safe & Secure
OS Support Linux, Linux Console, Linux Open Sour, Linux Gnome
- Publisher's description
- Change Log
- Share Button
As you probably know, Yahoo Mail does not provide free POP access to its users any more. You can still use your YM account for free, but you have to use a Yahoo Mail web site to access your account.
This is not very convenient as you always have to be online, you cannot use your favourite e-mail client to read your messages, and so on. You can easily immagine the disadvantages of having to manage all your corespondence via web.
When Yahoo disabled its free POP access, the first thing that came to my mind was to change my e-mail account. But then I realized, there are far too many people used to my current Yahoo Mail address, that I am used to my YM address very much too and I thought - if Yahoo closes a free service, the other services will follow sooner or later. So changing an e-mail service/account wasn't really solution.
That is when I have decided to write YoSucker as a simple portable perl application, that would simulate a user actions to retrieve my mail to my local inbox. Yahoo Mail Sucker simply connects to the Yahoo Mail web site, parses the HTML code and fetches new messages.
With time I have added lots of other features and functionality (like support for multiple accounts, support for procmail, support for local Yahoo Mail sites, for proxy connection and much more) but the basic idea still stay the same...
Here are some key features of "Yahoo Mail Sucker":
· secure SSL login
· support for multiple accounts
· encrypted passwords for enhanced security
· transaction safe writes
· support for various folders (including BULK mail)
· support for multiuser environment
· support for multiple mailboxes in one config file
· support for procmail (output to a pipe)
· support for localized Yahoo Mail sites
· support for proxy
· support for basic proxy authorization
· support of command line parameters
· powerful digest feature for listing mailbox content
· handles virtually unlimited number of messages
· LeaveOnServer, EmptyTrash and OnlyNew features
· restore message unread flag feature
· powerful CLEAN option
· quota storage warning system
· session Respawn feature
What's New in This Release:
· The login issues have been fixed.
Version added on: 30 Jan 2012
To link back to this page, please copy code below and insert in your page. All visits come thru this code will add a 10 point vote to this software. Save the image button on your server
HTML,BBCode code for linking to this page:
BBCODE with Image button