WinSetupFromUSB 1.0 Beta 7 / 0.
Install operating systems using your USB drive
This application will offer you the solution to installing Windows or Linux version using a USB flash drive.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Changes on the new version:
What's new in WinSetupFromUSB 1.0 Beta 7: January 4th, 2011
· fixed issues on some new systems when XP/2000/2003 Setup hangs during text mode
· fixed grub4dos menu.lst entries when detecting the number of hard drives connected
· fixed custom boot menu titles input box when adding multiple similar XP/2000/2003 sources
· grub4dos, included tools and programs updated
· fixed issue with incorrectly detecting if source is Windows 2000
· flushing USB disk write cache is now performed internally, rather than using external programs
What's new in WinSetupFromUSB 1.0 Beta 6: June 15th, 2010
· fixed bug in the created menu.lst when adding PartedMagic/Ubuntu variants or other ISOs
What's new in WinSetupFromUSB 1.0 Beta 5: June 15th, 2010
· added option to display all connected disks in case one needs to prepare eSATA etc. drives.
· improved detection of USB disks at start of GUI mode in case of 2000 / XP / 2003 setup
· added support for adding Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu ISOs
· added option for shared BTS OEM folder if several sources need to share same OEM folder. Use tooltip for info.
· experimental option to prepare source to be installed on USB, to be tested further.
· better handling in case 2000/XP/2003 install is on machine with 2 or more internal disks
· at start of GUI mode, after own setup.exe and setup.cmd are finished, setup.exe from th esource is executed, no matter another fake or the original one. Thus BTS presetup.cmd for example is executed by it's fake setup.exe.
· added option not to check for and install grub4dos MBR. One would have to take care of chainloading grldr by other means.
· updated many of the included programs
What's new in WinSetupFromUSB 1.0 Beta 4: June 15th, 2010
· fixed issue with non English versions of Windows XP/2003
· fixed bug when program directory is on the same USB disk and partition which is being prepared
· removed dependencies on Windows Scripting Host, in case it's broken.
· BootIce, Grub4Dos, SysLinux, RMPrepUSB updated to the latest versions
What's new in WinSetupFromUSB 1.0 Beta 3: June 15th, 2010
migrate.inf is generated internally based on PNP Id in case of removable or DosDevices values if fixed type, now USB disk letters should be fixed to U,V,W,X if preparing on Vista and above. Drive letters are U,V,W,X for each primary partition, in case of USB stick- U,V and W are for 6,7 and 8 &ParrentID&0:
· log box for keeping an eye what's happening
· BTS' presetup.cmd is merged into setup.cmd
· cmd window at start of GUI is now hidden
· grub4dos menu entries polished
· various other fixes
What's new in WinSetupFromUSB 1.0 Beta 2: June 15th, 2010
· using completely different procedure for the setup, only one boot from USB required, boot.ini problems solved, hence no "HAL.DLL missing" etc. errors.
· no files are deleted in all versions of Windows, no matter USB hard disk or stick
· XP/2000/2003 setup can be placed on any primary partition. Multiple setups are supported, up to 99 per partition.
· PLoP boot manager added by default. Useful to speed up USB boot process on machines supporting boot on USB 1.1 and lower speeds only.
Version 1.0 Beta 7 / 0.2.3 added on: 02 Feb 2012